IT Service Desk Support will be primarily responsible for supporting end users by ensuring that hardware, software and network issues are resolved in a timely manner. To achieve this you will help develop the IT service desk to deploy, monitor and maintain our computer systems, assets and network. It is a great opportunity to help build and own the service desk function so knowledge of ITIL and ITSM best practices preferable.
This role will work closely as part of an internal IT team and with several 3rd party IT providers and providing support to in-office and remote users.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
- First point of contact for all IT support queries.
- Prioritise user support requests and system alerts.
- Develop the IT service desk function to ensure users are supported and problems resolved satisfactorily.
- Support the desktop telephone system and iPhones/iPads.
- Manage Intune and other software deployment and inventory applications.
- Manage the hardware and software Asset Management toolset to track and manage asset configuration, licenses and warranties.
- Implement Windows, Office and 3rd party application patch management.
- Schedule regular IT asset tracking audits.
- Maintain software audit to ensure license compliance.
- Help develop end user IT skills by documenting and demonstrating problem solutions and IT processes and add these to the Knowledge Base.
- Liaise with and escalate support issues to 3rd party hardware/software vendors as required.
- Schedule regular security reviews and promote security best practices at all times.
Required skills and experience
- 1-2 years experience, preferably in a similar role within the creative industry
- HND or Foundation level education in IT related subject, is desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL and ITSM methodologies and tools preferable
- Ability to rapidly establish good working relationships across all areas of the business
- Ability to work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Ability to prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Experience with key design software by Autodesk and Adobe would be desirable
- Desire to test and evaluate appropriate new technology
- The ability to think logically
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with individuals to establish what the problem is and explain the solution in simple terms.
- The ability to work well in a team
- Problem solving skills
- A strong focus on customer service and satisfaction is essential
- Outstanding attention to detail is essential
- A calm nature is essential
Expectations for this role
- There is often pressure to work as fast as possible to deal with problems and achieve immediate results in all situations usually to enable members of staff to use their computer again.
- Considerable employee and supplier contact is required.
- You will have to lift and carry equipment and stretch to access items in awkward places. The dress code is casual, reflecting the physical nature of the work, but you are expected to maintain a reasonable standard of smartness.
- Out of hours work will be required from time to time.
- The expectation is that this role will be primarily office based.
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salary available depending on level of experience
- Hours 9:30am – 5:30pm – Monday to Friday
- 24 days annual leave per annum
- Daily lunch provided
- 6 month probation period
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Ride to work scheme